• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to vacate a default judgement against me?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

FallingLeaf

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? California

My co-owner tries to sue me for money. He sued for 150K for his damages.
I am the one who needs to sue him for damages. He doesnt pay mortgage/HOA/property taxes/landscape and threaten me on X-mas night. I want to sell the house to get away from him but since he ownes money i dont know how to go about resolving it. He asked me to sign a listing agreement for 6% and price listing is not researched properly. I have not seen the agent at all and dont know what kind of service i am paying for. My attorney advised me not to sign so i did not. He said that he will take care everything but he missed to file an answer to the lawsuit and now they file a default judgement against me. I trusted my lawyer but he makes me so worried and disappointed. How can i go about to take care of this case? I am desperately needing someone knowledgeable to help me out of this. I have tried to live my life righteously but what i am gettting right here is so unfair. I havent able to help out my family 'cause this guy drank my money and paying the lawyer fees to get in more problem.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">