• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to vest property to family members

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kgreppin

What is the name of your state? Mississippi
I plan to purchase vacant land in other states over the next 5 years. Small parcels, nothing really big, more for investment. However, I intend for each of my 4 grown children to have 1 of the parcels. I have made an offer on the 1st parcel in Colorado, it has been accepted but I need to tell them how I want it titled. I will retire in 7 more years, am 56 years old. What is the best way to handle this so that the kids will not have a hassle if something should happen to me? Please advise, I appreciate your time very much. kgreppin.

HomeGuru

kgreppin said:
What is the name of your state? Mississippi
I plan to purchase vacant land in other states over the next 5 years. Small parcels, nothing really big, more for investment. However, I intend for each of my 4 grown children to have 1 of the parcels. I have made an offer on the 1st parcel in Colorado, it has been accepted but I need to tell them how I want it titled. I will retire in 7 more years, am 56 years old. What is the best way to handle this so that the kids will not have a hassle if something should happen to me? Please advise, I appreciate your time very much. kgreppin.

**A: hold title in your own name and the name of one of your 4 boys via joint tenancy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">