• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Husband wants wife on deed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lyrist

Prince Georges County, Maryland. We purchased a house in husbands name to avoid high interest rate (wife had credit issues). Now we would like the house (deed) to bein both names without affecting the interest. What do we need to do? Quit claim? How is this done?

John Se

Just deed it to yourself and her

Just quit claim your interest from you to Yourself and your wife as however you wish to hold title, If you pay the mortgage I dont think the mortgage holder will ever know or care. They dont check or get informed. Dont ask the mortgage holder they will just either be stupid, wont know what to do or tell you no. You can deed your interest to whomever you like, hell give it to mickey mouse,or me, the mortgage holder is always secured.

lyrist

Attorney needed?

Do we need an attorney to file a quit claim? Where can I get more information on how to do this?

BelizeBreeze

John Se said:
Just quit claim your interest from you to Yourself and your wife as however you wish to hold title, If you pay the mortgage I dont think the mortgage holder will ever know or care. They dont check or get informed. Dont ask the mortgage holder they will just either be stupid, wont know what to do or tell you no. You can deed your interest to whomever you like, hell give it to mickey mouse,or me, the mortgage holder is always secured.
Excuse Me?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">