• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I did a quick deed on my home and now the person wont return my phone calls.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Sagirah

What is the name of your state? California
i want to know, if I did a quick deed in someone else's name, what is the law on getting my property back inmy name? This person wont return any of my phine calls and even took a loan out on my property.

nextwife

Guess what? If you deeded the property to someone, it is now THEIR property and they can do as they wish with it. It stops being your property once you've deeded it out. That's what a deed does.

justalayman

What is the name of your state? California
i want to know, if I did a quick deed in someone else's name, what is the law on getting my property back inmy name? This person wont return any of my phine calls and even took a loan out on my property.
Once you deeded it to another, it is gone unless you can prove there was something illegal or deceptive in the deal. Even then you would have to go to court and seek recourse through the courts. Lots of money later, you may very well find you have no claim to the property.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">