• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

i have owned a home for 23 years. it is in my name only. nine years ago a male frie

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

toomuchto

moved in. at first he paid rent but eventually we fell in love9i thought) and we began to live as a couple. except for 1 year, i have made house payments and paid insurance. and he has helped pay utilities and bought some furniture. 2 years ago, he had an affair with nextdoor neighbor, moved out but wouldn't let me out of his life. he then said it was over asked to come home. by that time i had had what your could call a really bad case of depression and believed anything he told me. he came back and started redecorating house saying he wanted me to sell and move with him to land he was buying in another state. he has everyone convinced his affair is over and he wants to marry me. eventually came out of fantasy land and realized it's all a scam but can't get proof. he controlled me totally emotionally and i didn't know what to do. i've tried making him leave, but he plays mind games and tells me he will sue me for half of my house's value if i make him leave. i've told him to take whatever he bought and get out but each time he threatens me with my having to pay. that he didn't live here and do work for nothing. there's more, but that's the general idea. what really can he do? i only owe 4 more years on my house and make enough to pay my bills, but just that. i can't afford to take out another mortgage just to pay him . i heard through a friend that when he was being public with the neighbor who divorced her husband over my friend, that she refused to move and sell her home. i figure the idea was to get me to move and get money to boot. what to do? he's on his best behavior (trying to be a saint) totally unlike his former self and says he's not doing anything to get him kicked out. i live in indiana

Last edited:

S

saddleup

if you want him out, order him out. If he won't leave call the local police and have him removed. He has no position.

T

toomuchto

if they are attempting to scam money (he had done very little to the house before and has made sure i stayed on checking account and did most of buying, and even though my bring home pay is almost as much as his. and he got part time job to do work on house(i never asked him to do work, but didn't stop him either) question: is what he doing illegal?

HomeGuru

It is a gray area but give him the boot and call the cops. If he refuses to leave, he is trespassing and that is illegal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">