• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Illegal Dumping

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JJPSIU

for 14 years now my family has had a law siut against my home town. Recently the EPA (federal and state) became involved. On our property which is adjacent to a fenced in landfill, debris and waste materials were found 5-20 feet undergroud. Recently when the federal EPA made it's last research trip they found many toxic chemicals, even chemicals that are the main ingredient in Agent Orange. I was wondering what would be a decent settlement to ask for during the mediation that comes up in one month? There are 9 members of my family living in the residence. Also it was the city that told us that our land was completely safe, but these new findings show otherwise. Once again my question was simply what would be a good settlement price for 24 acres of our property that the city illegally dumped toxic chemicals on 14 years ago?

FarmerJ

what is the fair market value of identical property in another part your county ? that might be a good place to start . Use real estate online services to begin a search . The Property that is near this dumpsite did it have a private well ? has the water been tested to be free of pollutants ? if its contaminated and You have been drinking it all along go talk with a lawyer immediately . you may have more issues than just the contaminated site to deal with then .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">