• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I'm exhausted

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cyn3100

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Upon the 2014 death of my mom, my sisters and I inherited my mom's home and mortgage. Despite my pleas, Mom never made a will.

After a year of the house sitting empty, mum sisters and I agreed to lease the house, so the mortgage would be paid without putting undue stress on us. This was my younger sister's (the probate administrator ) idea.

After 5 months of home improvements financed my me while my older sister carried the mortgage, upon seeing the improvements, my younger sister decides she now wants to move into the house herself! My and my older sisters investments are now gone.

We have tried to compromise with her, reason with her, all to no avail. We acted in good faith with her, based on an agreement we all made. Is there anything we can do to stop her? She doesn't have a steady job and is holding the house hostage at my and my older sister's expense. Help!

Jhoell

I suggest to ask a legal advice from the expert like a lawyer. They can give you the best options as well as your sister's. This way you will not be compromised and at the same time you will still maintain the good relationship with your sisters.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
If probate is closed, you can force a partition sale where you and your other sister could force a sale of the home. That requires a court case however.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">