• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ingress and egress

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

destinflorida

This may be too complicated for text, but because of the stress, I must try.

Ten years ago, I purchased in Florida from the developer, a unit in a condomioniun that was desiginated to be used for retail purposes.
About five years ago, I learned that the proper documentation showing a common hallway which was my access had never been filed with
the proper authorities, therefore when a bank foreclosed on the adjacent unit, they also claimed ownership of the hallway. Since then, I have been unable to access my property.

I retained an attorney, who when he couldn't complete the matter for the amount he had quoted, said I had to pay additional monies or he would no longer represent me. He no longer represents me as I am not able to afford any more legal fees.

If anyone needs more information to be able to offer any suggestions, please e-mail me at the below address and I will answer any and all questions.

I thank anyone who has suggestions.

I am.

Sincerely,

George Schraeder
[email protected]

been denied

D

DT7777777

You may be able to argue that under the legal concept of an easement, you have the right to use the hallway, another person's property, to gain access to your own property, because there is no other way and because you believed all this time that you did have access. There are several types of easements, including an access easement, apparent easement, easement by necessity, or even a servitude. These are terms a real estate, or business law attorney would be familiar with and know more about. Although you could handle such a case yourself, it would be more time-consuming and energy consuming, without as good a chance of seeing results, than retaining a competent attorney to do the work for you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">