• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ingress/ Egress ROW

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

russellj61

I have owned property in NY for 20 years and have a neighbor who is landlocked. He has a right of way granted in his deed for Ingress and Egress Only. He bought the place 2 years ago. It was always a camp and now a full time residence. I granted a right of way to the power company so he could bury wires in the driveway for utilities and he agreed.They paid me a dollar. He talked the telephone co. into running the wires through the woods ( overground ) They have been that way for nearly a year. He still has no power. I told him that this was unacceptable and he assured me that it was temporary. Recently, he was out late and after racing his engine, he went up the driveway as fast as he could making alot of noise and stuff falling off the truck. Then he go stuck off the road and continued to make a racket.It was around midnite. Needless to say, he woke me up. We are at a point where we want to recind the right of way for power etc.
1.Is it possible to rescind the Power ROW since he violated the original agreement?
2.Can I post and inforce a speed limit on my portion of the property he crosses?
3. Is there a course of etiquite for persons with ROW's

Thanks for your time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">