• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

inheiritance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tlwhite

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? tennessee. my mom passed away two years ago. her will says to split everything 50/50 between my brother and myself. unfortunatley, three years after being diagnosed with Alzheimer's she quitclaim deeded the house out of her name only, into her name and my brother and his wife's names with right of survivorship. i was not included. they have taken out a mortgage on the house of about 60-70% of it's value. they are currently three months behind.he is on disability. his wife watches kids at home, their two grown sons live in the garage, but don't work. what are my options?

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? tennessee. my mom passed away two years ago. her will says to split everything 50/50 between my brother and myself. unfortunatley, three years after being diagnosed with Alzheimer's she quitclaim deeded the house out of her name only, into her name and my brother and his wife's names with right of survivorship. i was not included. they have taken out a mortgage on the house of about 60-70% of it's value. they are currently three months behind.he is on disability. his wife watches kids at home, their two grown sons live in the garage, but don't work. what are my options?
**A: you have no claim unless she was of unsound mind at the time of the QCD. But you have a hard road ahead.

nextwife

three years after being diagnosed with Alzheimer's she quitclaim deeded the house out of her name only, into her name and my brother and his wife's names with right of survivorship.
If this truly did occur three years AFTER her diagnosis, you would have had a good shot at challenging the transfer as soon as you discovered it. How long, however, have you known and failed to challenge it?

HomeGuru

If this truly did occur three years AFTER her diagnosis, you would have had a good shot at challenging the transfer as soon as you discovered it. How long, however, have you known and failed to challenge it?
**A: Hey Nexie, can you tell me what the heck is an inheiritance?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">