• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

inheritance issue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

yousef

Hi,
Before so sorry if I am not good enough in English.
Well, I live in Iran but all of my families have been living in California for almost 40 years.
About 4 years ago my father and mother died in Los Angeles and I got their death certificates from Iran State Department, they have the house in Westminster and maybe other properties, now my brothers and sister don’t give my own right from inheritance.
I need some help to get my right, I am in Iran and also I have no money to get an attorney at first but I can pay money from my portion of inheritance after taking my right, I have the exact address and phone number of my parents’ home and other details.
Please guide me in this issue.
So thanks

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Hi,
Before so sorry if I am not good enough in English.
Well, I live in Iran but all of my families have been living in California for almost 40 years.
About 4 years ago my father and mother died in Los Angeles and I got their death certificates from Iran State Department, they have the house in Westminster and maybe other properties, now my brothers and sister don’t give my own right from inheritance.
I need some help to get my right, I am in Iran and also I have no money to get an attorney at first but I can pay money from my portion of inheritance after taking my right, I have the exact address and phone number of my parents’ home and other details.
Please guide me in this issue.
So thanks
That won't happen. Considering this is one of the biggest scams going around at this point. You also may not be entitled to anything from your parents.

LdiJ

That won't happen. Considering this is one of the biggest scams going around at this point. You also may not be entitled to anything from your parents.
Could you expand on the scam bit? I would honestly like to know.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Could you expand on the scam bit? I would honestly like to know.
Let's first start with probate can not be done on contingency.

Secondly, there are scams going around where an attorney is contacted regarding getting a portion of whatever, the portion arrives (fake check), the attorney pays out their client from the IOLTA, and then two or three weeks later, the charge is reversed putting the attorney in ethical trouble. The scams include "family" money -- the family or ex or whoever immediately caves when contacted by an attorney and sends the check but alas all it does is give ethical problems to the attorney.

The other portion of the scam is the person doesn't speak good English and is usually out of country and hence any money would be sent off shore. Hence you can't meet with your client face to face. Yeah.... a scam. Think Nigerian scam.

Last edited:

LdiJ

Let's first start with probate can not be done on contingency.

Secondly, there are scams going around where an attorney is contacted regarding getting a portion of whatever, the portion arrives (fake check), the attorney pays out their client from the IOLTA, and then two or three weeks later, the charge is reversed putting the attorney in ethical trouble. The scams include "family" money -- the family or ex or whoever immediately caves when contacted by an attorney and sends the check but alas all it does is give ethical problems to the attorney.

The other portion of the scam is the person doesn't speak good English and is usually out of country and hence any money would be sent off shore. Hence you can't meet with your client face to face. Yeah.... a scam. Think Nigerian scam.
Thanks for the info. Sounds like a more sophisticated version of the Nigerian scam. There are some similar tax scams going on as well. I can see how that would make it a bit scary for an attorney to take on a matter for an international client. I have turned down an international tax client here and there over my career because it seemed dicey.

yousef

thanks for your all info.
well, at the first i can show all identifications that prove my relationship with parents who passed away in Los Angeles. the identification which confirm by both Iran and U.S.A department State and also death certificate and certificate probable that show my real identity and blood relationship with those who died in U.S
i am sure about the real estate of my parents and when i give details about their address, an attorney can consider about my words and when he sure we can make contract all details.
the attorney should not be worry instead of i should be worry because i live in Iran and i have to trust him/her to give my rights.
i know that it is not easy but i believe there is a way for every problem and still there are those who work just not for money like the doctors and nurses who travel miles and miles away from their home to Middle east or African countries to save people with no any money.
i opened this topic because you are live in U.S and know the Laws and maybe You know the department or someone who can help me to reveal my right.
again i repeat that i will offer all identifications and certifications which prove and confirm by Both Iran and USA department
thanks

FarmerJ

Yousef I suggest that after four years there may well be things that you may never see , like your parents personal items (keep sakes ) may well be gone, and by now other things may have already been sold / or long ago cashed out and gifted before they died. But if you really think that there is any thing left of your parents estate then gather up all the information you can and then If you can find the money to hire a attorney to represent you there may well be less work for the attorney, such as addresses of any& all property (ies) owned by your parents and how they were titled, Any life insurance policies that you know of ( policy numbers and name of the insurance company (ies) other so called assets like automobiles , boats.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
How do you have your parents' phone number? When is the last time you called it? And how did you get your parents' death certificates from the Iran State Department?

yousef

Yousef I suggest that after four years there may well be things that you may never see , like your parents personal items (keep sakes ) may well be gone, and by now other things may have already been sold / or long ago cashed out and gifted before they died. But if you really think that there is any thing left of your parents estate then gather up all the information you can and then If you can find the money to hire a attorney to represent you there may well be less work for the attorney, such as addresses of any& all property (ies) owned by your parents and how they were titled, Any life insurance policies that you know of ( policy numbers and name of the insurance company (ies) other so called assets like automobiles , boats.
the entail laws in both Iran and US are the same. maybe my parents had been carrying money, bank account and other move or immovable properties but in one thing i am sure and it is their Home. without any doubt.also there is a site as the name;"propertyshark.com" when you register, it lets you see one record about home, i checked my parents home there and it showed me the exact details about the owner, address and also pictures of home and the tax.you know why i have problem to pay for attorney! because the rate of exchange from Iran rials to US dollars are 1 to 3 and it is too heavy for me, so i am looking for a trusted lawyer to do my job and take his money from my right of inheritance.but it seems to be a little sophisticated.

How do you have your parents' phone number? When is the last time you called it? And how did you get your parents' death certificates from the Iran State Department?
well, there were my parents, many and many years ago we wrote letter for each others and recently before they died sometimes we call to them.In Tehran (the capital of Iran) i went to the foreign national organization for civil registration and i requested for death certificate for my parents, after several minutes searching in their databases the officer said to me that their dead registered in Washington consulate and then he gave me two papers of their death certificate. that's all.

Eekamouse

the entail laws in both Iran and US are the same. maybe my parents had been carrying money, bank account and other move or immovable properties but in one thing i am sure and it is their Home. without any doubt.also there is a site as the name;"propertyshark.com" when you register, it lets you see one record about home, i checked my parents home there and it showed me the exact details about the owner, address and also pictures of home and the tax.you know why i have problem to pay for attorney! because the rate of exchange from Iran rials to US dollars are 1 to 3 and it is too heavy for me, so i am looking for a trusted lawyer to do my job and take his money from my right of inheritance.but it seems to be a little sophisticated.

well, there were my parents, many and many years ago we wrote letter for each others and recently before they died sometimes we call to them.In Tehran (the capital of Iran) i went to the foreign national organization for civil registration and i requested for death certificate for my parents, after several minutes searching in their databases the officer said to me that their dead registered in Washington consulate and then he gave me two papers of their death certificate. that's all.
They probably wrote you out of their will anyway so that'll make it easier for you to move onto your next scam. Bottom line: The Nigerians were here before you...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">