What is the name of your state?Hello, I have a question regarding what's been described to me as a Straw Deed in the state of West Virginia. I inherited a 25% interest in some land in WV about 10 years ago when my father passed, and recently I managed to make contact with the individual who owns the other 75%. The deed spells out that I own a 25% interest, no designating a clear division of the land. I would like to know where I can find out more about my rights under this type of deed (do I have only a 25% say so in allowing things to happen to the land, can I sell the interest, can the other owner do things without my permission, etc.)?

Thank you.