• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

intentional interference w/eco. advantage case, contingency needed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tessk

Facts: Seller offered to pay a commission for broker to find buyer for his property. After broker found buyers, seller sold to broker's buyers and did not pay 6% promised commission on a $2,200,000 purchase price. If you have read Torelli v. J.P. and Buckaloo v Johnson then you know my case; same issues, with a twist. Could you take my case on contingency or help me by answering my questions? I am in Los Angeles, Calif. [email protected] To contact me, best time to phone me is late evening or early morning. 213-387-4079. Thank you, teresa aguilar. p.s. For additional details in re facts/proc.hist., please visit
http://www.geocities.com/stclair43/BreachofContractCase.html

HomeGuru

Your approach was all wrong from the begining. In such a dispute, one always uses an attorney and never goes pro se. That's how you got into all this mess. By representing yourself.
This should have been a slam dunk case for you to win by just showing the written agreement that the Seller signed agreeing to pay you a commission.
To be honest with you, this is not a contingency type of case.

HomeGuru

Here is your first thread. You also have posted on the litigation board.
Here is your advice: hire an attorney.

T

tessk

I have been looking for a lawyer to handle this case on contingency basis, but lawyers want $275 plus per hour or advance fees of $20k, etc. Nice way to monopolize the legal system away from the "people" who is supposed to serve.

HomeGuru

tessk said:
I have been looking for a lawyer to handle this case on contingency basis, but lawyers want $275 plus per hour or advance fees of $20k, etc. Nice way to monopolize the legal system away from the "people" who is supposed to serve.
My response: I beg to differ. I read your case and it is not a simple matter to resolve. An experienced real estate attorney that you need to hire would charge the rates and retainer that you have stated. Further, you messed up big time by trying to represent yourself both at the time of doing the real estate transaction and then later when there was a dispute over unpaid commissions. So it would cost more in legal fees to undo the mess that you yourself created. You know very well that there are complex matters and that your case needs more than simple legal CPR.
Nice try but you don't have us fooled.

T

tessk

Please be clear and tell whom do I intent to fool and fool about what. After I detailed all the facts at http://www.geocities.com/stclair43/My_Case_II.html how can there be an intent to fool. The defendant's lawyer concealed from me all the evidence I requested. The only reason a case can become messy is when an unethical lawyer forgets that his primary obligation, "when it comes to discovery and matters of fact, is the full disclosure of truth --not the advancement of the client's interest. Discovery is not to be treated as part of the adversary system. Advocacy comes into play only 'after' all facts have been revealed to both sides. One needs to open up the client's kimono for all the world to see and then litigate over what both sides know has been revealed. There is no more hiding the ball if the information sought is relevant." [Law 101]. Facts are very stubborn things, they just don't go away; thus, here I am. I just need a good lawyer who is not afraid of the truth and the established element who is sneakily trying to destroy the justice system and the American way of life.

G

gottago

tessk-

I understand that you feel you were ripped off by the defendant, as well as misled/lied to by the defendant's counsel. Unfortunately, defendants and their attorneys seldom play fair when it comes to such matters.

At this point, unless you're willing to pay an attorney up front, you're not likely to get anywhere. The civil court system IS set up in such a way as to make it almost impossible for a non-lawyer to navigate the waters. You can't change that, and trying will just frustrate you and take even more of your time and money away.

My advice is this: If you can't/don't want to hire an attorney, move on and forget about this mess. It's not worth trading your time and sanity for the remote possibility of getting some money out of this situation.

HomeGuru

gottago said:
tessk-

I understand that you feel you were ripped off by the defendant, as well as misled/lied to by the defendant's counsel. Unfortunately, defendants and their attorneys seldom play fair when it comes to such matters.

At this point, unless you're willing to pay an attorney up front, you're not likely to get anywhere. The civil court system IS set up in such a way as to make it almost impossible for a non-lawyer to navigate the waters. You can't change that, and trying will just frustrate you and take even more of your time and money away.

My advice is this: If you can't/don't want to hire an attorney, move on and forget about this mess. It's not worth trading your time and sanity for the remote possibility of getting some money out of this situation.
**A: well stated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">