• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

International Virtual Home

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

marion_sale

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Iowa

I am kind of starting a business where international public can have "virtual" homes in US to purchase US products since most US sites only ship to US address. So I charge for storage and shipping and they get my address for now... till i purchase a warehouse..

Is using space in personal property for international intermediate storage against the law? Do I need to apply for Ocean Transportation Intermediary?

seniorjudge

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Iowa

I am kind of starting a business where international public can have "virtual" homes in US to purchase US products since most US sites only ship to US address. So I charge for storage and shipping and they get my address for now... till i purchase a warehouse..

Is using space in personal property for international intermediate storage against the law? Do I need to apply for Ocean Transportation Intermediary?
https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=408373

Keep all your questions in one thread.

And, I am sorry to say, no one seems to know the answers.

marion_sale

those are 2 different business targeting at international audience =)

they are pretty similar but that is more retail and this is just like a storage company. So thought this business question would fit better here... sorry about confusion if there were any.

I guess here is another question, hopefully you guys can help me on this one..

Can I like set up PO Boxes? Or something likewise like Apt Numbers within my house? Or when I purchase my warehouse? Those extra numbers will be for me to keep track of my client's purchases.

Last edited:

seniorjudge

those are 2 different business targeting at international audience =)

they are pretty similar but that is more retail and this is just like a storage company. So thought this business question would fit better here... sorry about confusion if there were any.

I guess here is another question, hopefully you guys can help me on this one..

Can I like set up PO Boxes? Or something likewise like Apt Numbers within my house? Or when I purchase my warehouse? Those extra numbers will be for me to keep track of my client's purchases.
Do whatever you want.

Let us know how it turns out.

Ozark_Sophist

You are setting yourself up for some serious criminal liability. I doubt this is a serious venture. There are potentially numerous criminal fraud, mail fraud, credit card fraud and theft charges involved in the type of scheme you seem to have involved yourself in.

Google "reshipping fraud."

marion_sale

I went online and search on reshipping fraud and see what you mean... thanks for the input and will be one issue I will look into.. hmm.. thinking more about it makes me feel i might end up in an "ebay gets sued for selling counterfeit when it is the users that violated the rule" situation... but then I feel it is a possible business because there is one similar business in singapore ran by the post office called VPost...

anyway thanks for the input... I can see how I have alot of research to do...

HomeGuru

I went online and search on reshipping fraud and see what you mean... thanks for the input and will be one issue I will look into.. hmm.. thinking more about it makes me feel i might end up in an "ebay gets sued for selling counterfeit when it is the users that violated the rule" situation... but then I feel it is a possible business because there is one similar business in singapore ran by the post office called VPost...

anyway thanks for the input... I can see how I have alot of research to do...
**A: yes, keep researching**************......

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">