• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Items on MLS were not left in home by seller

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kab17

What is the name of your state? Ohio
The MLS sheet said washer and dryer included but when I took posession of the house I saw that the seller took the W & D with her. It was not on the contract and I asked my agent about it. She said that since it was on the MLS it automatically stayed in the house. Legally who can I go after? The manager at the realty service I used said that my agent should have put it in the contract. Is the seller in violation since one of the selling points of the house was that I wouldn't have to buy a w & d?:mad:

HomeGuru

kab17 said:
What is the name of your state? Ohio
The MLS sheet said washer and dryer included but when I took posession of the house I saw that the seller took the W & D with her. It was not on the contract and I asked my agent about it. She said that since it was on the MLS it automatically stayed in the house.

**A; Agent is wrong. MLS listing sheet means nothing. You need to go by what is on the contract.
Legally who can I go after?

**A: your negligent real estate agent and brokerage company.
The manager at the realty service I used said that my agent should have put it in the contract.

**A: I concur so ask the agent to buy you those appliances that she failed to list as an inclusion in the sale.

Is the seller in violation since one of the selling points of the house was that I wouldn't have to buy a w & d?:mad:
**A: no, because the Seller performed pursuant to the terms and conditions in your contract.

K

kab17

Thanks for your advice. In fact, the agent contacted me today and wants to purchase a used washer and dryer for me. See wants to pick it out for me. I have a problem with this and I want to choose them for myself. If the washer or dryer breaks down will my home warranty cover it?

HomeGuru

kab17 said:
Thanks for your advice. In fact, the agent contacted me today and wants to purchase a used washer and dryer for me. See wants to pick it out for me. I have a problem with this and I want to choose them for myself.

**A: then tell her that and DO NOT let her control you. You have already suffered enough due to her negligence, incompetence and stupidity.

If the washer or dryer breaks down will my home warranty cover it?

**A: it should. To be sure call the toll free number on your warranty papers and ask the nice customer service people.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">