• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Jerrold Wright

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jerroldwright

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oregon
I currently live in Portland, Or. i have two situations that i need an answer to,
1. The house i live in now i have lived in for 4 years, i purchassed th ehouse in 2004, in 2007 i had to sell in order to not be foreclosed on because of some financial problems after laving my x wife. I sold it to someone who i have a written contract with to rent the house from them and to by the house back with in several years. That person stopped paying his mortgage, he kept taking my rent payments and then disappered when his bank started to look for him. The bank sold the house to an investor that is selling to a builder and now they say i have to move out. I DO NOT WANT TO MOVE AND BECASUE OF MY CONTRACT WITH THE PREVIOUS OWNER I WONT TO KNOW IF I HAVE ANY SQUATERS RIGHTS OR ANY RIGHTS OR LAWS TO HELP ME STAY IN MY HOUSE.

2. While renting the house from Kevin Kileen i made alot of upgrades to the house such as new vinyl windows, vinyl door, new sink and faucets, Microwave Range Hood, Landscaping, HOT TUB and many other improvements. My agreement with Kevin was a verbal agreement to purchase and install these items on the condition that he would deduct the material, equipment and labor cost from my purchase of the house. If I can not buy the house i wont to know how i get my money back for the material, equipment and labor?

FlyingRon

You do not have any sort of squattor's rights beyond the effort it would take to evict you.

Your contract has no bearing on the new buyer after foreclosure. Where were you when the foreclosure was going on?

Your improvements are fixtures and must remain. You are not entitled to any reimbursement from the new buyer.

Your recourse is ONLY with your "friend" for his breaches.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">