• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Joint Ownership Issues

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

EvySepulveda

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York, staten Island
I have a joint ownership on Title & Deed with my ex on our House , I have been in and out of the property , since we are no longer engaged , he has locked me out of my property , i have been advised to file a partition case ,which will be costly ,( which i am struggling ) this property must be sold , be he will not budge. what can i do ? And what are my rights?

divgradcurl

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York, staten Island
I have a joint ownership on Title & Deed with my ex on our House , I have been in and out of the property , since we are no longer engaged , he has locked me out of my property , i have been advised to file a partition case ,which will be costly ,( which i am struggling ) this property must be sold , be he will not budge. what can i do ? And what are my rights?
What can you do? You have already been told to file a partition action, which is really the only thing you can do to get any money back out of the property, unless you can negotiate with the other party to buy out your interest.

If you have been locked out of the property, you are entitled to rent. This will likely require a small claims action.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">