• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

joint ownwership with survivor clause

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

moonladyred

What is the name of your state?SC I purchased land with a friend as co-owners,before the land was paid for,my daughter paid the remaining amount off and my friend and I added her to the deed with survivorship clause for all 3 of us.The problem>I moved off the land a year ago but still pay the taxes...my daughter has gone to another state to work and has been gone for 2 months...the friend is now trying to get total control of the property and my daughter's mobile home by saying we have abandoned the property.She is trying to rent out my daughter's mobile home and has disposed of all my personal property in the mobile home I shared with her and which is in both our names(and)not(and/or).What recourse do my daughter and I have to stop her?

HomeGuru

moonladyred said:
What is the name of your state?SC I purchased land with a friend as co-owners,before the land was paid for,my daughter paid the remaining amount off and my friend and I added her to the deed with survivorship clause for all 3 of us.The problem>I moved off the land a year ago but still pay the taxes...my daughter has gone to another state to work and has been gone for 2 months...the friend is now trying to get total control of the property and my daughter's mobile home by saying we have abandoned the property.

**A: ok,

She is trying to rent out my daughter's mobile home and has disposed of all my personal property in the mobile home I shared with her and which is in both our names(and)not(and/or).

**A: what are you trying to say here with the (and) not ( and/or)?

What recourse do my daughter and I have to stop her?
**A: you can take her to court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">