• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

joint tenancy deed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

severn

I am buying a house in Maryland. The mortgage is only in my name but I'm thinking of putting my daughter's name on the deed also. The reason being that if I died, she would be able to sell the house without problems. Is this correct? I have a will that will be updated.

Also, with both names as joint-tenancy does this affect her credit, etc in regards to paying back student loans. She is a low wage earner and I don't want her credit reports to show she has more assets that she really does.

Thanks.

HomeGuru

severn said:
I am buying a house in Maryland. The mortgage is only in my name but I'm thinking of putting my daughter's name on the deed also. The reason being that if I died, she would be able to sell the house without problems. Is this correct? I have a will that will be updated.

Also, with both names as joint-tenancy does this affect her credit, etc in regards to paying back student loans. She is a low wage earner and I don't want her credit reports to show she has more assets that she really does.

Thanks.
My response: consult with a real estate or estate attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">