• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

jointed owner is locking me out of a section of property without giving me a key

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MATTHEWJACOB

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? california- WHAT CAN I DO AS A JOINT OWNER I ASKED THE OTHER OWNER TO REMOVE THE LOCK AND SHE REFUSES. WHAT ARE MY OPTIONS DO I BREAK THE LOCK OR CALL THE POLICE? i live in California what are my options?

LeeHarveyBlotto

1. Please turn off the caps lock, it hurts the eyes.
2. Joint owner of what? A house? A warehouse? Land? Why is the other owner locking you out?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? california- WHAT CAN I DO AS A JOINT OWNER I ASKED THE OTHER OWNER TO REMOVE THE LOCK AND SHE REFUSES. WHAT ARE MY OPTIONS DO I BREAK THE LOCK OR CALL THE POLICE? i live in California what are my options?
I suspect there is much more to the story, so I am hesitant to give any recommendations.

MATTHEWJACOB

Joint owner

The joint house owner is locking the back gate with a chain and lock and refusing to give me a copy of key. i had a dispute with my sister about paying her fair share-of the water bill and refuses so, i removed the illegal build conversion bathroom.the reason is the State of California is starting to fine homeowners for wasting water

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">