• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

judgement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

airmen

I recently found out I had a judgment against me which became a lein on my property.Since I was served by publication when this all started, Can I make an offer to settle by publication? The idea is if they don't reposnd it will be dismissed. I'm in CA. By the way, I've tried to settle in writing for a discount but they won't deal.

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by airmen:
I recently found out I had a judgment against me which became a lein on my property.Since I was served by publication when this all started, Can I make an offer to settle by publication? The idea is if they don't reposnd it will be dismissed. I'm in CA. By the way, I've tried to settle in writing for a discount but they won't deal.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can make an offer by publication but it will not be
considered binding. The creditor has no incentive to settle for a discounted amount because their lein is secured by your real estate. As long as the equity in the property exceeds all the encumbrances including their lein, they are in a fully secured position.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">