• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Judgement day

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jmheat

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? Nevada

My wife has been living in one of our two homes. Recently we tried to refinance it and was informed that a judgement was placed on me. We want to refinance only in her name. What can we do to be able to remove this? Can I quit claim it? We are even willing to get a divorce if this will remedy the situation and allow her to refinance without the judgement taking all of the money.
A title company rep said that since the judgement was entered previously, that it wouldn't matter if I Quit Claimed it. My wife had nothing to do with the Judgement. (It is for opposing Attorney Fees in a PI Case) Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

HomeGuru

jmheat said:
What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? Nevada

My wife has been living in one of our two homes. Recently we tried to refinance it and was informed that a judgement was placed on me. We want to refinance only in her name. What can we do to be able to remove this? Can I quit claim it? We are even willing to get a divorce if this will remedy the situation and allow her to refinance without the judgement taking all of the money.
A title company rep said that since the judgement was entered previously, that it wouldn't matter if I Quit Claimed it. My wife had nothing to do with the Judgement. (It is for opposing Attorney Fees in a PI Case) Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
**A: consult with an attorney to prevent fraudulent action on yourpart.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">