• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Judgement on property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

schrae

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania
My question would be if my husband has a judgment placed on him and they put it on our property. Can I buy him out to take him off the deed to relieve the property of the lien/judgement?

Indiana Filer

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania
My question would be if my husband has a judgment placed on him and they put it on our property. Can I buy him out to take him off the deed to relieve the property of the lien/judgement?
You would need to pay the money to the holder of the judgement if you are buying your husband out. The money would not go to your husband.

seniorjudge

You would need to pay the money to the holder of the judgement if you are buying your husband out. The money would not go to your husband.
I agree.

Besides, you cannot get rid of marital interests that easily.

HOWEVER, your state MAY (big word) offer some protection where a married couple own real estate but the judgment is only against one of them.

Consult a lawyer in your state familiar with this area of the law.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">