• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Keeping neighbors of our property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

buzzards27

The courthouse is not the likely home of past surveys. The county engineer, recorder, "map room", and/or auditor are going to have all the information on past surveys. I've checked the surveys on my property and found that there have been 8 surveys since the 1840's. All that information was available to me. Each time your land was divided a survey should have been recorded. If you don't find pins on the old surveys of your land you might find them recorded on one of your neighbors' surveys.

jimmler

Survey

You can try and find your property corners yourself, but the only way to know where the corners really are is to have a boundary survey done. You do not have the equipment or experience to know if the corners you find are correct (match other corners in the neighborhood). A surveyor will verify not only your corners, but will check to your neighbors corners to make sure they "fit" together properly.

Surveyors do not set "shrubs" to mark property lines. Basically at this point you have no idea if the pen is on your property.

This is possibly the biggest investment in your life (buying a house and lot). Don't you think you should know exactly what you bought, by having a registered land surveyor find and verify or set your corners? You should get a survey, and ask the surveyor ahead of time to set some points on line in the area of the dog pen while he/she is there. A surveyor will stand behind the boundary in a court of law.

After you know if the pen is on your property, you can follow the previous advice.

Julie

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">