• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

LA county CA Mgr removing car from property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

shogohelix

I'm glad I read through the posting most of my ?'s were answered except two. I live in a single family dwelling in North Hollywood and our mgr has been causing us distress by making new demands on a living situation that has existed for six years. One of the demands is to clean up the yard which includes two old cars that are non operational but neatly sitting in the driveway ( NOT hoisted on cinder blocks in the middle of the yard) He said that if we didn't get rid of them (verbal only) that he would have them towed into the street at our expense and leave them for us to deal with the city. Can He do that and who has rights on how our yard looks. we do alot of art work in the yard so it has it's share of mess. Thanks for having this site and all of you who share your knowledge.

T

Tracey

He can't touch your stuff - that's theft (exerting unatuhorized control over another's property). On the other hand, he can promulgate written rules that take effect in 30 days or so & require you to remove dead cars & trash. Why are you so attached to the cars if they don't work? Check the city ordinances & zoning laws to see if your cars are legal. If they aren't, you'll definitely have to move them. You may be able to just register them & leave them where they are. Also check CA LT law to see if L can impose new rules when you have a single-family dwelling.

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws. [email protected]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">