• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

labor lien

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mlholmes

I landscaped two new houses constructed by a realtor, contracted price $750.00 a piece. The work was completed and with satisfaction. Originally the realtor refusd to pay. Now, the realtor wants to pay half and pay the other half later, unspecific later. I declined this offer. What should I do about collecting the full amount? Should I take a labor lien on the property?
I live in North Carolina.

------------------

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mlholmes:
I landscaped two new houses constructed by a realtor, contracted price $750.00 a piece. The work was completed and with satisfaction. Originally the realtor refusd to pay. Now, the realtor wants to pay half and pay the other half later, unspecific later. I declined this offer. What should I do about collecting the full amount? Should I take a labor lien on the property?
I live in North Carolina.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you have a written contract? File a written complaint with the State Real Estate Commission and the local Board of Realtors. Copy the Realtors' principal broker. If you have lien rights take advantage of your rights. If you did the work and said work was satisfactory to the client, you are entitled to get paid. In the future use a written contract that stipulates a certain downpayment, project schedule and that the balance or final payment will be paid within so many days of acceptance of the work.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">