• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

land contract after wifes death question?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rock52

What is the name of your state?kentucky...can someone help me interpret this land contract after my wife died,who is entitled to the estate,speaking of land and home purchased together.It mentions heirs yet also survivor of purchasers.would it be considered a survivorship deed,and be passed 100% to me as the surviving spouse.please help with the interpretaion that is in question,even as probate has ended regarding everything else,insurance and all that has been divided. Reads in part,Quote ".deliver to the purchasers,their heirs and assigns forever,for the real estate above described,a good and sufficient general warranty deed to the purchasers,jointly.with the remainder to the survivor of said purchasers,subject to any restrictions or encumbrences of record." Unquote" :confused:

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">