• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

land contracts

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Laury

hello i'm Laury from ohio, here is my situation... my husband and i bought a house from his aunt on land contract that she drew up herself,, stating that she agreed to sell us a house as is in monthly installments, now where in the contract does it state that she can take back the house if sge desires to do so, it just states the description, location, selling price and some things that she agreed to pay to have done to it, that she has not yet done. She signed it , we signed and had it witnessed ansd signed by that witness as well as having it noterized.
Now she is tryiing to take the house back from us and make us rent the upstairs out to some one,, my question is.. Legally can she do that? Or can we refuse to let her onto the property because she plans on bringing people to view the upstairs area asa a rental apartment?
Can you please help us, i need to know what my legal rights are and what we can do to stop her from trying to railroad us.
Thank you

HomeGuru

Sounds like she can't do that but you need an attorney to review your contract documents. Also the contract should be recorded on title.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">