• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

land deed technicalities?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kadamillia

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TN

Backstory... The house my kids and i have been in for the past year technically belongs to my brother. He placed it on the current property when my dad owned the land. (dad does not live in the state) dad has since signed the land over to me. so now i own the land. My brother feels betrayed with this, so out of spite, he has given me less than 30 days to find somewhere for me and my kids to go since he is threatening to come get his house. (it is 1/2 mobile home, 1/2 built on fixed structure)... after the land was signed over and i got copies of all the paperwork, legally speaking the house is deeded with the land.

My question is can he still legally/ does he have the right to kick us out of here?

I live on a very fixed income right now and don't have the funds to go rent an apartment. There is no where else for us to go right now. And I'm not asking because I want to keep the house, I don't. This house is junk, but it is a roof over our heads for the time being. Things are being set in motion atm to be getting the property cleaned up and ready for my own house to be placed in 6-8 months, but until then, if this goes down we'll be in a tent with no heat through the winter.....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">