• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

LAND LOCK

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

KREUZED

IF I BUY LAND IN PA THAT IS SURROUNDED BY A PRIVATE PERSON CAN I GET ACCESS OR EASEMENT. CAN HE LEGALLY LAND LOCK ME? THEY USED A ACCESS ROAD FROM 1952 UNTILL 1984 THEN THE GUY SHUT IT OFF AND THEY DID NOT HAVE THE MONEY TO FIGHT IT. NOW I AM BUYING IT AND WANT ACCESS THANKS

[This message has been edited by KREUZED (edited October 07, 2000).]

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KREUZED:
IF I BUY LAND IN PA THAT IS SURROUNDED BY A PRIVATE PERSON CAN I GET ACCESS OR EASEMENT. CAN HE LEGALLY LAND LOCK ME? THEY USED A ACCESS ROAD FROM 1952 UNTILL 1984 THEN THE GUY SHUT IT OFF AND THEY DID NOT HAVE THE MONEY TO FIGHT IT. NOW I AM BUYING IT AND WANT ACCESS THANKS

[This message has been edited by KREUZED (edited October 07, 2000).]
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

HomeGuru

I hope your purchase contract has a contingency that the purchase is subject to getting access to the property either via an easement, right of way or other means. There is no way you should buy the property without access.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">