• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Land Locked

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jmcgarrah11

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arkansas

I have a piece of land that I have to cross someone's land to get to. I have owned the place and used that road for 22 years. I never had an easment, but never had a problem untill now. Someone bought the land that joined mine and leased the land with the road on it, which is the only way to my place, about a year ago. He is going to put a gate up and lock me and my family out of our place and the other land owner that uses that road to get to theirs. My dad tried to get an easment from the owner of the road, but he said that he would have to ger permission from the guy that has it leased, who will not give us permission. We have been using that road for 22 years and now somebody that has owned that land for about 1 year is trying to lock everybody out and probably use our land since we have no way to get to it. Is there any laws saying that he cannot deny us access to our land? What would happen if we kept using the road, and cut the lock on the gate that he is about to put up? I forgot to mention that he also has posted signs up so would it be trespassing for us to use that road?

seniorjudge

Double post warning

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arkansas

I have a piece of land that I have to cross someone's land to get to. I have owned the place and used that road for 22 years. I never had an easment, but never had a problem untill now. Someone bought the land that joined mine and leased the land with the road on it, which is the only way to my place, about a year ago. He is going to put a gate up and lock me and my family out of our place and the other land owner that uses that road to get to theirs. My dad tried to get an easment from the owner of the road, but he said that he would have to ger permission from the guy that has it leased, who will not give us permission. We have been using that road for 22 years and now somebody that has owned that land for about 1 year is trying to lock everybody out and probably use our land since we have no way to get to it. Is there any laws saying that he cannot deny us access to our land? What would happen if we kept using the road, and cut the lock on the gate that he is about to put up? I forgot to mention that he also has posted signs up so would it be trespassing for us to use that road?
https://forum.freeadvice.com/neighbors-boundaries-108/land-locked-435745.html

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">