• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

land oral contract, mobile home contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Demonica616

What is the name of your state? Mississippi
Please help.
I have several issues and a lot of complications.
The Oral Contract; My Mother signed three lots over to my sister under the oral contract that they would be returned to her upon that sister moving. There is a later audio tape verifying this fact as well as stating that she was going to "screw Mother" on the land. Two of these lots have a life trust for me on them. She sold the one lot to our neighbor. He was told of the oral contract and audio tape before the purchase, but feels me and Mother are poor women and there is nothing we can do about it. There is a single fence surrounding all three lots. It has been there for around 15 years and the three lots have been considered and used by all of use as a single property. The nieghbor who bought the land was also aware of Michelle's alcoholism and drug issues and multiple run ins with the law. (all within the last 6 months). She is usually in the newspaper arrest section at least every two weeks. What are our legal rights and options.

The Mobile home contract; My Mother and I have a contract to purchase the Mobile home sitting on the other two lots from my Brother in law ken and valerie. Our Bill of Sale on it has been registered at the courthouse since 2/2001. Ken has agreed to sell the mobile home to the same neighbors who bought the lot. he had just reaffirmed our contract with him lass than two weeks prior (it's in writing) and taken payments on it and well as arranging the next payments to be handed to him. He then attacked my sister (his wife Valerie) and did this agreement with the nieghbor. He took our rental money from the renters, told us it was his trailer and we no longer had it.
This is a mess. We have found out that he has been having an affair with my sister Michelle. He is also a wife abusing alcoholic. He is on audio take threatening my sister, cursing everyone else including the sister he had an affair with and is doing this with the trailer to upset everyone. He believes women are stupid, they are property, and you can do what you want with them. He likes to brag about the cops and judges he knows, how much money he has and his power. He also feels me and mom are poor women and there is nothing we can do to stop him.

We know they have done things that are illegal. Unfortunately, we are poor and have very limited resources. My health isn't the best (thus the life trust - my mother fears that I am going to die soon) and my mother is in her sixties with medical issues as well.

Please give us some advice. We need help bad. I know they are doing wrong, but need to know what to do and how to do it.:(

FlyingRon

Real estate contracts must be in writing.

Your mother gave away the three lots to your sister without apparent recourse. That's my legal opinion.

You need to express this without regard to discussions about how bad these people are due to their marital infidelity, alcoholism, unrelated run-ins with the law, your health, etc... None of this as ANY LEGAL BEARING on the matter and just confuses the issue.

What does the written contract on the mobile home say exactly? Have you made all the required payments?

You probably need to see a real lawyer.

Demonica616

Oral Contract/mobile home Contract

We are seeing a lawyer tomorrow. I know everything else complicates things, but it also ties into what happened in this last month to the end result of our present situation.
The contract is detailed, all payments met and insurance kept.
In fact the leinor just signed a re-affirmation of the contract on Oct. 11. Days before all of this happened and actually accepted a payment at that time.
I am the only person with written paperwork and the Bill of sale (registered at the Court House since 2001).
It is a simple contract breach that Mr Akins is doing everything he can to complicate. He wants to make it all confusing. He and Mr Young are not doing anything through any sort of legal process. They are ignoring all written and registered contracts and proceeding as if we never existed.
They are attempting to alter/move a 15 year old fence that surrounds the entire property and now there are cinder blocks (for a mobile home) sitting over there. They come and go as they please (on the lots which are mine until I die throught the living trust) They are taking my rental income.
We tore down the alterations to my property and have told everyone that nothing will be done until we go to court.
From what I have seen and heard, we are the only one's consulting a lawyer. They are simply imposing what they want as they want it without proper legal proceedure. You cannot simply take a contracted trailer from someone with no notice or legal reason and resell it to someone else. There must be a foreclosure and that process must be legally followed.
They're actions appear to create at least 3 breaches of contract with use as well as fraud, since they are fully aware of what they are doing. I may be poor, but I do study and learn what I can.

FlyingRon

We are seeing a lawyer tomorrow. I know everything else complicates things, but it also ties into what happened in this last month to the end result of our present situation
No, it's irrelevant.
They are attempting to alter/move a 15 year old fence that surrounds the entire property and now there are cinder blocks (for a mobile home) sitting over there.
You need to use NAMES (even if they are ficticious). Who is "THEY". If it is the sister who now owns the lots, there's no real reason why she can't move the fence, etc... except in a way that would infringe on your life estate.
They come and go as they please (on the lots which are mine until I die throught the living trust) They are taking my rental income.
The lots are not yours. What living trust? You haven't mentioned a living trust before. If you have a life estate on the lots, yes you are eligible to the rental income until you die (provided you're doing everything else property).
From what I have seen and heard, we are the only one's consulting a lawyer. They are simply imposing what they want as they want it without proper legal proceedure.
Except for the possible breach of the contract of sale and infringing on your life estate, they don't need any "legal procedure" or lawyer.
They're actions appear to create at least 3 breaches of contract with use as well as fraud, since they are fully aware of what they are doing. I may be poor, but I do study and learn what I can.
There's only one contract to be breached here as near as I can see (the sale of the trailer). The rest is all a done deal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">