• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Land parcel - owner unknown

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Rogee43

What is the name of your state? north carolina A parcel of land (.56acres) next to my property is listed in tax records as owner unknown/general delivery. I am interested in purchasing this lot. How do I go about making an offer? Thanks.

nextwife

If taxes are current (even if not, unless the city has taken it in a tax foreclosure), you will need to establish the ownership. You cannot take title unless the ownership and right of the party selling is established. Likely a title search can establish who the last party in title was, and from there the title co. can check for any probates etc.

Last edited:

HomeGuru

Rogee43 said:
What is the name of your state? north carolina A parcel of land (.56acres) next to my property is listed in tax records as owner unknown/general delivery. I am interested in purchasing this lot. How do I go about making an offer? Thanks.
**A: I am not interested in selling.

JETX

I own that land and I am getting ready to put in a nudist 'park'. And if that doesn't work, I might just build me a REAL big hog and chicken farm!!

FarmerJ

Jet dont forget to build a small power generation plant to sell back power to local light co from the power you generate from the manure cooking /Gas collection system :)

HomeGuru

FarmerJ said:
Jet dont forget to build a small power generation plant to sell back power to local light co from the power you generate from the manure cooking /Gas collection system :)
**A: I got the reverse metering contract all signed already. Oink-oink.

JETX

FarmerJ said:
METHANE, the gas of the future!!
:D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">