• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

land parcel transaction

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TennTexan

What is the name of your state? Tennessee

There is a strip of land behind my back property line and the back lines of several adjoing properties that is "trapped", i.e. the land on the other side of this strip is owned by others. The only legal access to this land is through the owner's property, her house is two doors down from mine. I live at the southern end of this strip and I want to buy the section that would result if my northern property line was projected across it, that is I want to increase the size of my back yard by the width of this strip. The owner wants to sell that section to me and we've agreed on a price of $1650. It has three known boundaries and the fourth would need to be created by projecting my north prop. line across it.

Since it's such a small piece of land (6000 square feet) and such a small price, the owner and I don't want to spend a fortune doing this deal. I realize we'll have to pay to have the new northern boundary surveyed, but what else do we need? Can we do this without an attorney? Any advice would be helpful. One friend of hers suggested a scenario that would cost almost $800. That seems ridiculous for a $1650 transaction. Thanks in advance for any help.

nextwife

Contact tyour municipality to determine what they require to LEGALLY divide the parcel.

And get title insurance on the land you are buying, and a partial release from her current lender(s), if any, from the mortgage that is currently against her property.

BelizeBreeze

And it might be a good idea to get the easement released, that underground storage tank removed and those dead bodies relocated....

get the point?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">