• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

land survey

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mandrellegion

What is the name of your state? Missouri. I have a long story. We purchased 40 country acres about three months ago. for us to have the electic put on our land we had to have a true survey. The real estate agency had the land surveyed. There was also a gentleman that bought the 50 acres that runs along our property. he also need the survey so he could put up a fence to run cattle. We put our house on top of a hill that was surrounded on all sides by trees. We thought that the line of trees that ran along the property line was ours. But after the first survey they put the line on trees on his side. We did not want the trees cut down but he said he was removing them to put up his fence. When the people he hired to take out the trees came they took out 2 hundred feet of trees and then told him there was a big dog leg in the survey line. He had them stop cutting down trees and he then contacted the real estate agent. The real estate agent called us and told us they had made a mistake in the survey line. it is a big mistake by about 120 yards. The trees that they took out was ours. The ones we did not want out. This has open up the bottom of our land and has really messed up the beauty of our property . I was wondering what to do about it.

M

mandrellegion

:confused: :confused: We Took pictures of the property when we bought it and after they took out the trees. What I dont understand is why we need to contact the police.

HomeGuru

mandrellegion said:
:confused: :confused: We Took pictures of the property when we bought it and after they took out the trees. What I dont understand is why we need to contact the police.
**A: you must consider the trees as your personal property that had a value to it and therefore you suffered an economic loss as well as loss of part of the beauty etc. of your property.
What they did to your property would be similar to a neighbor breaking a window or kicking in the front door of your home.
Also the police would serve as your supporting evidence in the event of litigation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">