• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Land survey done wrong

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rightdime23

What is the name of your state? Tennessee

My property was the first surveyed years ago on the property my house is on. Recent;y a piece of property close to my property line was purchased whiched cause a discrepancy in the original land survey I had been given. The surveyor is saying that he micalculated my property line by approx. 2ft. and it is now cutting into my property line. Can he be held responsible for this????? What are my landowners rights in reference to this?????

FlyingRon

Generally nothing you can do. It's just an error. It'd doubtful you have an adverse possession rights. Unless this was a specific survey for title purposes and you purchased insurance, there's no guaranty on it. Casual surveys have errors on them all the time (I could tell you some storys...I've got about four surveys on my property over time and they all are different!).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">