• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Land use restrictions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JRUSS

We own rural property in a subdivision. We have elderly parents that are needing to move close to us in order to care for. Our deed states only one dwelling and no mobile homes. We have lived in our home on this lot for 17 years. Our lot is the very outside lot of the subdivision and our property lines have adjoining it lots with mobile homes....on two sides. Is there legal way to get permission to break this covenant (even if for only a limited time maybe 10 years). This is a 7 acre lot...the spot we have picked out will be backed up to the other mobile home already there on the lot adjoining our property (outside the subdivision) Is it easier to ask the neighbors permission...or just beg forgiveness later...if we are taken to court?

J

JRUSS

Is there a way to change land use restrictions? Would a written agreement from the others in the subdivision work?

J

JRUSS

Thanks for info

Thanks HomeGuru. We weren't sure if we even have a zoning dept??!!! So...I went ahead and called a local attorney. (something I had feared). He was very polite...and is familiar with our rural area - which already has scattered mobile homes through out. He said that he doubted that anyone notice or do anything...but if anyone did....the only thing we would be risking is the cost we are paying to move the mobile home. This is worth the risk to us due to the fact that my Mom has Alzhiemers. The trailer we are moving is the one she has been living in for about 7 years. We need to keep her in the same surroundings for as long as possible.... to prevent further confusion due to her illness.

Keep up the good work....I love this website...it is too cool!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">