• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Landlocked land in PA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cdhenry

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

My husband and I are interested in a piece of property in Pennsylvania. The Real Estate Agency involved (with previous history of questionable ethics) does not realize what they are selling. They have their sign on the wrong property. We have been researching this property for about three months. there is absolutely no road, easement or such to this property. the road ends and the property sits about 300 feet back. We made an offer on the property based on the fact that it is landlocked and we would have the burden of putting the right-of-ways in and such. They refuse to believe that it is and counter-offered almost four times our offer. Isn't it illegal to knowingly sell landlocked land and is there anything we can do. The people who purchased the piece bought for $1200 and the REA wants $17,000 for it. based on the fact that there is nothing around the property and no way in we believe this is outrageous. What can we do legally??

Thank you:mad:

seniorjudge

cdhenry said:

My husband and I are interested in a piece of property in Pennsylvania. The Real Estate Agency involved (with previous history of questionable ethics) does not realize what they are selling. They have their sign on the wrong property. We have been researching this property for about three months. there is absolutely no road, easement or such to this property. the road ends and the property sits about 300 feet back. We made an offer on the property based on the fact that it is landlocked and we would have the burden of putting the right-of-ways in and such. They refuse to believe that it is and counter-offered almost four times our offer. Isn't it illegal to knowingly sell landlocked land and is there anything we can do. The people who purchased the piece bought for $1200 and the REA wants $17,000 for it. based on the fact that there is nothing around the property and no way in we believe this is outrageous. What can we do legally??

Q: What can we do legally?

A: Nothing.

divgradcurl

cdhenry said:

You are kidding, right? What makes you believe that there is a law that someone has to sell property at a price that YOU think is reasonable? Either pay what they are asking, make another counteroffer, or find another piece of property to buy.

PghREA

divgradcurl said:
You are kidding, right? What makes you believe that there is a law that someone has to sell property at a price that YOU think is reasonable? Either pay what they are asking, make another counteroffer, or find another piece of property to buy.
I agree. And, what makes you think you can get a right of way into this property? Adjacent neighbors who surround the landlocked parcel may not want to grant access to it. You could end up with a piece of property that you can't use.

By the way, unless the REA (which I think means real estate agent) actually OWNS the property, it's the seller who is calling the shots.

cdhenry

Sorry

Actually what I meant was, where do I turn in the Real Estate Agent for knowingly trying to sell landlocked land and passing it off as if it is not. It was my understanding that this is illegal.

seniorjudge

cdhenry said:
Actually what I meant was, where do I turn in the Real Estate Agent for knowingly trying to sell landlocked land and passing it off as if it is not. It was my understanding that this is illegal.
And how do you know that it is landlocked?

Do you have a survey?

Do you have a title report?

HomeGuru

cdhenry said:

**A: this is a no brainer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">