• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Landlocked Property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

curt andrews

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?
Texas.

We have some property that was landlocked until we were able to negotiate a easement with a neighbor. The easement allows us (with restrictions) to transit our neighbors property and provides an option (for either party) to build a new road - builder pays the cost. We use the original road and have no plans to build a new one. Our neighbors property has recently been sold to a land developer who wants to make some changes to our easement. Our position is that we want unrestricted access via a public road to our gate without restrictions. My question is how do I phrase our position.

S

seniorjudge

curt andrews said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?
Texas.

We have some property that was landlocked until we were able to negotiate a easement with a neighbor. The easement allows us (with restrictions) to transit our neighbors property and provides an option (for either party) to build a new road - builder pays the cost. We use the original road and have no plans to build a new one. Our neighbors property has recently been sold to a land developer who wants to make some changes to our easement. Our position is that we want unrestricted access via a public road to our gate without restrictions. My question is how do I phrase our position.
Q: My question is how do I phrase our position.

A: Say to the developer: "Our position is that we want unrestricted access via a public road to our gate without restrictions."

BTW, you are the one who is in control in this situation. Do NOT let them talk you any to signing anything until YOU understand it and agree with it.

Hiring a lawyer to look over the stuff BEFORE you sign it would be a good idea.

And, just remember, oral promises in real estate deals are not worth the paper they are written on.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">