• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Landlord Charing for Dog in Trailer Park

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Robin Sweet

I live in a trailer park in upstate NY. We have new landlord as of the 1st of september, in the rules he wants to charge ( $10 per month) you if have a dog in your home (I own my trailer). We had a meeting last night with him and he says he can charge this because he has to provide liabity insurane in case someone is bitten by a dog.
: Well I read about renters rights and that said that he can not do this beacuse it is not a service. If anyone can help me please let me know. thanks

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Robin Sweet:
I live in a trailer park in upstate NY. We have new landlord as of the 1st of september, in the rules he wants to charge ( $10 per month) you if have a dog in your home (I own my trailer). We had a meeting last night with him and he says he can charge this because he has to provide liabity insurane in case someone is bitten by a dog.
: Well I read about renters rights and that said that he can not do this beacuse it is not a service. If anyone can help me please let me know. thanks
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have him sign an agreement that states that the $10 per month is for liability insurance coverage for your dog.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">