• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Landlord Demands Realtor have unlimited access to show property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

Graceie

I rent a house In NYS. I have a verbal month to month lease and absentee owners in which I have acted as the surrogate owner i.e., caretaking. I just received a letter from the owner's lawyer in regared to my objections in allowing the Realtor to have a key and unlimited entry into the premises. Without any appointment. My reason for refusing is I have many valuables in the house plus two cats that will try to escape if the door is opened. I also am not at home three days a week since I work in another part of the state. I assume they will take eviction action as was stated in the Lawyer's letter. Do I have any legal grounds? I assume the Landlord can ask me to leave for any reason, but can they do this for my refusal in regard to me not allowing a Realtor(s) access when I am not here....If something happened wouldn't it be me that would have to hire an attorney to prove negligence on the realtor/landlord's part.

Thank you

Sam G.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">