• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

landlord lost the lease

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

m_roth

I rent an apartment in fargo, ND and i signed a lease in july which my landlord lost. i know i signed one but neither of us have the copy. she realized this on 01/02/02 and wanted me to sign a new lease with an increased rent. i found a better place to be moved into by 03/01/02 but needed to give a 60 day notice which i handed in on 01/04/02. she's saying that since i didnt hand in the notice by 01/01/02 that i couldnt move until after 04/01/02 which means either paying two rents or finding another place a month later. (i really like this new place). since she didnt let me know about the lease, the rent increase, or when to have the 60 day notice in until after 01/01/02 is this legal or is there anyway out of this?

Last edited:

HomeGuru

m_roth said:
i signed a lease in july which my landlord lost. i know i signed one but neither of us have the copy. she realized this on 01/02/02 and wanted me to sign a new lease with an increased rent. i found a better place to be moved into by 03/01/02 but needed to give a 60 day notice which i handed in on 01/04/02. she's saying that since i didnt hand in the notice by 01/01/02 that i couldnt move until after 04/01/02 which means either paying two rents or finding another place a month later. (i really like this new place). since she didnt let me know about the lease, the rent increase, or when to have the 60 day notice in until after 01/01/02 is this legal or is there anyway out of this?
My response: we can't help you since you did not follow posting instructions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">