• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Landlord not making Repairs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

SunkenDown

I live in Indiana in a mobile home park, all trailers are owned by the landlord. The landlord is not making repairs like he should. He has known for a year now that we have a leaky kitchen sink, now, we have a big sunken in place in the floor. It's gotten so bad that we had to place boards over the hole so we wouldn't fall through. He says "No big deal, I'll take care of it when I have time" We're still waiting for that time to come. What can we legally do? Cannot afford to move at this time. Cannot afford to "repair and deduct" Are we just sunk? Please HELP!!!!!!!

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SunkenDown:
I live in Indiana in a mobile home park, all trailers are owned by the landlord. The landlord is not making repairs like he should. He has known for a year now that we have a leaky kitchen sink, now, we have a big sunken in place in the floor. It's gotten so bad that we had to place boards over the hole so we wouldn't fall through. He says "No big deal, I'll take care of it when I have time" We're still waiting for that time to come. What can we legally do? Cannot afford to move at this time. Cannot afford to "repair and deduct" Are we just sunk? Please HELP!!!!!!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Read the State Statutes to see what kind of written notice is required by the tenant with respect to the completion of repairs.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">