• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Landlord Responsible

• Thread starter IMNOTIMNOTIMNOT
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

IMNOTIMNOTIMNOT

my hot water heater was releasing water when heated due to a relief valve. i went trough $100 worth of propane before finding the water leak. the landlord had the leak repaired but should he reinburse me for the propane loss? i live in california

HomeGuru

IMNOTIMNOTIMNOT said:
my hot water heater was releasing water when heated due to a relief valve. i went trough $100 worth of propane before finding the water leak. the landlord had the leak repaired but should he reinburse me for the propane loss? i live in california
**A: no because you are not a licensed plumber and was not an experienced professional. Propane is cheap and if the leak came from the TPV, the valve must be changed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">