• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

LANDLORD TRYING TO GET US!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

abamford

OUR LANDLORD IS MAD BECAUSE WE HAVE REPEATEDLY COMPLAINED ABOUT A FEW THINGS THAT THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO TAKE CARE OF. WE PAY $1,099.00 EVERY MONTH, ON TIME, WHICH INCLUDES-$850.00 FOR ACTUAL RENT, AND $249.00 FOR FURNITURE RENTAL. EVER SINCE WE SENT THEM A TYPED LETTER COMPLAINING ABOUT THE HEATER NOT WORKING, OUR WATER BILL NOT BEING DELIVERED, AND THEM NOT RESPONDING TO OUR PLEAS, THEY HAVE BEEN DOING EVERYTHING THEY CAN TO ADD ON CHARGES TO OUR RENT. THE LATEST BEING $254.00, FOR FURNITURE RENTAL. I REFUSE TO PAY IT BECAUSE I HAVE PAID RENT AND FURNITURE RENTAL EVERY MONTH, ON TIME. CAN THEY DO THIS TO US? WE ONLY HAVE TWO MONTHS LEFT IN OUR 6 MONTH LEASE WITH THESE PEOPLE. WE HAVE TRIED VERY HARD TO PAY AND DO RIGHT BY THIS APARTMENT SO WE CAN GET ANOTHER WHEN WE MOVE. OUR CREDIT IS ALREADY RUINED FROM PAST PROBLEMS WE HAVE WORKED HARD TO STRAIGHTEN OUT, AND NOW THIS!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT SHOULD WE DO? WE KNOW THEY'RE NOT GOING TO GIVE US A GOOD REFERENCE NOW, BECAUSE THEY'RE MAD. ITS SAD THAT SOMEONE TRIES TO DO RIGHT, AND IN THE END, THEY STILL GET **** ON!!!!! PLEASE HELP! ~BAMBAM~

T

Tracey

Read the Ohio Revised Code Title 53, chapter 5321, Landlord & Tenant. The sections you want are 5321.02, .04, & .05 on L's & T's duties & retaliatory eviction & damages. You can terminate the lease, & sue for actual damages & attorney fees.

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws. [email protected] - please include some facts so I know who you are!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">