• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

landlords rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tototiki

I am a manager of a property. is their anything I can do to keep tenants from constantly insulting and talking about me and my child? One tenant is constantly talking about me, and trying to forge a group against me to get me fired, she talks about me constantly, I am the main topic in her life and she wants me to get fired, because I sent her a letter telling her the next time she calls my 10 year old daughter a ***** that I would file harrassment charges against her, she makes up items like I am never in my Office and I do not do my work. If I did not do the work I am sure my company would of fired me by now. This tenant is an elderly lady with a truckdriving mouth and it is not that I am worried that her complaints will be taken seriously by anyone, it's just that it is so frustrating to walk down the hallway and hear her once again talking about me, and telling the other residents that I am only the manager and she does not have to listen to me and she can say whatever she wants and she does not care because I can evict her.
This lady has hated me since I took over the property 16 years ago, the first day I moved in she called me a whore and she did not ever meet me before. She is constantly undermining my authority and thinks that she rules the roost. How can I get her to stop making me such a priority on her gossip list?
My job does not permit me to tell her off, and although our lease does have a clause about disturbing other tenants etc., is their anything I can do legally, like file harrassment and slander charges. Please advise I came home yesterday (yes I live on site) and she was running her mouth again.

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tototiki:
I am a manager of a property. is their anything I can do to keep tenants from constantly insulting and talking about me and my child? One tenant is constantly talking about me, and trying to forge a group against me to get me fired, she talks about me constantly, I am the main topic in her life and she wants me to get fired, because I sent her a letter telling her the next time she calls my 10 year old daughter a ***** that I would file harrassment charges against her, she makes up items like I am never in my Office and I do not do my work. If I did not do the work I am sure my company would of fired me by now. This tenant is an elderly lady with a truckdriving mouth and it is not that I am worried that her complaints will be taken seriously by anyone, it's just that it is so frustrating to walk down the hallway and hear her once again talking about me, and telling the other residents that I am only the manager and she does not have to listen to me and she can say whatever she wants and she does not care because I can evict her.
This lady has hated me since I took over the property 16 years ago, the first day I moved in she called me a whore and she did not ever meet me before. She is constantly undermining my authority and thinks that she rules the roost. How can I get her to stop making me such a priority on her gossip list?
My job does not permit me to tell her off, and although our lease does have a clause about disturbing other tenants etc., is their anything I can do legally, like file harrassment and slander charges. Please advise I came home yesterday (yes I live on site) and she was running her mouth again.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is not a real estate matter. Send her an official written warning notice demanding that she " Immediately Cease and Desist from making slanderous, negative, derogatory, false (add in your own words here) remarks about me and my job performance. Your actions constitute harassment and slander. Failure to stop your actions will force me to take necessary legal action against you." Send a copy to the landlord and management company and have them send their own letter of warning to this tenant with the mouth of a mother trucker.

Also, the next time you feel harassed, call the police and file a police report. Let the cops have a talk with her. Keep calling the police each time you have a problem. That way if she does not stop bothering you, you have those police reports as evidence to prevail in court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">