• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

In-Law Tenents who refuse to pay rent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Slavegirl

Help!! I live in Massachusetts and my husband and I bought his parents house from them 4 years ago (they were going to lose it). They moved out for 1 1/2 years to an apartment (subsidized). They moved back April of 1998, wanted us to put a $50,000 addition on our garage (they could not pay this financially, neither could we). They babysat for us to work but that was all. They lived here for 7 1/2 months rent free, December of 1998 when my water bill doubled we asked them for rent ($100 per month). They (by their own choice do not cook or do their laundry here). They are no longer babysitting at all. Recently utilities (electric, gas etc..) have doubled. We asked them if they could chip in $25 more a month. They refused. My husband and I are the owners of this house, their names are on nothing. Not to mention I work 40h a week and they do not work at all and do not clean the house or anything, they do not even buy toilet paper. They are only 53 years old and have been freeloaders all their life and I am fed up. What can I do?

P

peter

Give them a 30 day notice to leave, and then

Take them to court and evict them just like any other DEADBEAT TENANTS!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">