• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lawsuit threat after filing ethic's complaint with Realtor's Association.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pjhn

What is the name of your state? Minnesota

I recently filed an ethics complaint with the Realtor's Association. I discovered a potential problem with a property listed by this realtor. I pointed out the problem and was rudely dismissed. I put in an offer contingent upon correction of this problem. My offer was rejected, as was their right. However, they sat on my offer and scrounged up another to avoid dealing with me. I was terribly concerned about the realtor's possible failure to disclose a problem that was previously brought to her attention. I contacted the Realtor's Association, who urged me to file a complaint. The association would decide if there is just cause to take action. Well, there is a hearing. The realtor has intimated that I am going to get sued for libel and slander. I feel set up, as I only sought arbitration. Do i stand to lose such a suit? I didn't do this out of malice. I think the realtor is not behaving ethically! Is it not my right to question her actions? I wish I knew what to do. I know that she is maliciously filing this suit in retaliation for my going to the board.

HomeGuru

Then file a complaint with the State real estate licensing office that regulates licensed real estate agents.
This office has more teeth then the Realtor Association.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">