• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lawsuits against real estate gurus?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

allstarr

I'm in Washington State.

I was just wondering if anyone is familiar with lawsuits or class action suits against "real estate gurus," or guru companies.

When I was working with one, and working with a real estate agent, there was a huge issue. This is part of what the agent emailed me about:

I am at a loss for his opinions. There would have been no harm in signing the CORRECT documents as required by state law.

I am concerned as to the legitimacy of an individual that refuses to sign legal documentation, and instead insists on illegal actions with non-binding contracts, on nullified forms. You CAN write a contract in crayon, on a napkin, but when you show that to a Judge, don't expect any sympathy.

Just watch yourself with this guy...I know you have worked with him a lot, but something is shady about that situation. I am sure he has his reasons, I just don't know if they are honorable ones...

By the way, pretty messed up of [name of guru company associate] to cut me out after I have put dozens of hours into this project for you.

So, I've not done any deals with them, despite bringing lots to the plate, including a good one with a real estate agent. Now, there's that "mark," that not only am I working with someone who's shady, but the person will cut the real estate agent out. On top of that, the "guru company" is wanting me to keep making payments on their program, and is threatening to send it to collections, which will mess with my credit.

Do I have any defense? Are there any lawsuits, or class action suits, that have been successful, against real estate gurus?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I'm in Washington State.

I was just wondering if anyone is familiar with lawsuits or class action suits against "real estate gurus," or guru companies.

When I was working with one, and working with a real estate agent, there was a huge issue. This is part of what the agent emailed me about:

I am at a loss for his opinions. There would have been no harm in signing the CORRECT documents as required by state law.

I am concerned as to the legitimacy of an individual that refuses to sign legal documentation, and instead insists on illegal actions with non-binding contracts, on nullified forms. You CAN write a contract in crayon, on a napkin, but when you show that to a Judge, don't expect any sympathy.

Just watch yourself with this guy...I know you have worked with him a lot, but something is shady about that situation. I am sure he has his reasons, I just don't know if they are honorable ones...

By the way, pretty messed up of [name of guru company associate] to cut me out after I have put dozens of hours into this project for you.

So, I've not done any deals with them, despite bringing lots to the plate, including a good one with a real estate agent. Now, there's that "mark," that not only am I working with someone who's shady, but the person will cut the real estate agent out. On top of that, the "guru company" is wanting me to keep making payments on their program, and is threatening to send it to collections, which will mess with my credit.

Do I have any defense? Are there any lawsuits, or class action suits, that have been successful, against real estate gurus?
To summarize: You have a contract and you're looking for a way out.

Is that right? If so, take your contract to a local attorney for review.

FlyingRon

You've not explained anything other than you were dealing with a "guru" and you're unhappy. We're not mindreaders. If you need someone to ferret out the details, you'll have to pay him. There's dozens of pages in that yellow book under the phone under L for Lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">