• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

lean on deed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

b_e_smith

old land owner some how got a loan using my legal land discription after the deed was recorded in my name.

T

Tracey

And your question is.....?

Write the loan holder & inform them that he didn't own the property when they issued the loan, that your ownership was recorded, that they therefore have no interest whatsoever in your land, & that if they place/do not immediately remove any lien on your land, you'll sue out their eyeballs. They were stupid enough to issue a lien without doing a title check on the collateral. They have to eat the risk that he'll default & they'll be left with nothing. Read your state's lien laws to see if you can get punitive damages agaisnt the bank for filing an illegal lien.

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">